This is a lovely little picture of "doves". The word pigeon doesn't exist in the Russian language. Therefore they are doves!!! But between you and me they are PIGEONS and they still make the same kind of mess even though their name has been changed. Never get under or look up at a Russian dove!!
More doves just in case you didn't get enough. Yes they scatter when you walk towards them. We have the same deal with them here in Russia as Seinfeld did in New York. They get out of the way when we come at them and we look the other way at the mess they make of everything.
Almost every building has a little graffiti on it. However, some is extremely artsy. This was a fresh little diddly someone did on the side of a building we walk by each day. I am glad I don't know what it says because I am sure it isn't announcing church services somewhere. But still some pretty well crafter artwork.
This is a planned picture. Every window at the ground level has some sort of protection over it. This one has steel doors that close when the shop is not open. It is a skate shop and this is what it looks like closed. I was going to try to convince you it was a photo of me in a mirror with my new dreds but I knew you would buy it.


3 comments:
I for one am really glad I got to see that picture twice. You are an amazing tour guide of Russia. Maybe you should be starting your own private touring company including a tour of the "doves."
I am glad to see more postings. It means you are both o.k. and still doing well. How is the work going?
You are hilarious, Dad. I thought for a second that was a picture of you in the mirror! =) Since I have a deep hatred for birds, I think those "dove" pictures are nasty & I am sorry you have to walk through them every day.
Post a Comment