Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring is Here!!!!

When it warms up a little they chip at the ice that has been on the road since November.
This is a little road that we walk to work on everyday. The ice has been as thick as 3 feet in some spots. It is so good to see parts of the pavement again. I know....it's a small thing. But Allie and I are still grateful.

Here is my little snow queen in the warm weather. We have been hitting the upper teens since we got back and it has been a welcome relief from winter. Yes that is Allie in her Spring coat along side the piles of chipped ice from the roadbed. We are sure that Spring flowers are just around the corner. We just don't know how big that corner is!


3 comments:

Taylor Swim said...

If it's anything like Wisconsin-- it's going to be a big corner. I love that Mom is still bundled up head to toe. Winter stinks!

Unknown said...

It looks so cold and dangerous. How cold does it actually get there? I don't think I know. And how warm? It looks so bleak and depressing. I hope the corner is a short walk.

Jodi said...

CRAZY!!!! I can not believe the snow removal philosophy in a land that snow is its middle name. Seriously! I am even more thankful for the public works in our town & for Yak Trax.