Well I hope you know about Flat Stanley. He is talked about in elementary school. Each student creates his own Flat Stanley and sends him off to someone who is far away. In turn pictures are taken of his adventures. In some schools they even have a contest to see who's Flat Stanley traveled the farthest from school. That brings us to Flat "MAX". Max, my good buddy and grandson sent us his Flat Stanley over the internet. Don't you love technology? We reconstituted him here in Vladivostok Russia. Next we set out to take some pictures of ourselves and our city with FM. Please enjoy these as much as we did. By the way, FM is very cute and courteous just like Max.

A big open square near the waters edge in the port of Vladivostok. Those other guys have been standing there on those stone monuments ever since we got here.

This picture has absolutely nothing to do with Flat Max. It has everything to do with the real Max. These are some of the cranes along the dock here in Vladivostok. They move along a railroad track so they can pick cargo out of ships that dock here. I thought you might like this picture Max.

This is one of the ships in port that caught FM's eye. Here grandma is showing him around.

FM and I were taking in the train station and grandma snapped this pic. Most of the trains here are electric. Just so know they are still normal size, they just run on electricity not diesel.

Speaking of trains, here is an old USSR train on display at the railway station. Please look at the next post for more adventures with Flat Stanley "MAX". FM is currently sleeping from his super exciting day in Vladivostok. We love you Max, Grandma & Grampa!!!
4 comments:
Wow! You guys rock! Max is going to be so excited about this. I bet NO ONE will beat him! Chalk one up for the Russians!
You guys are just awesome!!! Thank you so much for giving FM the time of his life. You are the coolest!!! Such great pics! Love the hat Dad-- love it!!!
That has to be the best edition of Flat Anyone I have ever seen. I especially love the one with all the missionaries below. You guys are SO funny!
I wish I was I could be shipped over the internet like FM and spend some time with you two. Looks like fun!
Post a Comment