Sunday, May 16, 2010

Interesting Vladivostok

This may take a double click to appreciate the view. That is the sun coming up through an early morning fog. The other cool thing is the suns rising is way over to the left. In the winter it comes up over the building to the right. So this picture also shows that we are definately in the season of Spring. It stays light now to almost 10:00pm
This just make me chuckle. This is the typical morning bus ride to the office. If I weren't taking the picture we would probably would have just jammed in there with everyone else. It is really a nose to nose and cheek to cheek ride some days. It is worse when it rains. More people and they are all wet. You might be wondering what is smells like. It is usually pretty good. But you better get used to the smell of garlic because undoubtedly someone had a bunch of it for breakfast and they are on that bus. And with my good luck they are usually standing right next to me.
This is a picture of what you would see if I turned around from the bus stop picture above. The buildings are a mixture of old and new in Vladivostok. This is obviously a portion of the old. These Docha's do not have any running water or bathrooms. They haul their water from a common well or fire hydrant like device. This is the typcial home out in the countryside and all over in older sections of every town here.


I just backed up a little to show you the old with the new.



3 comments:

Taylor Swim said...

That bus looks too sketchy to me. Thanks for showing us all of the wonderful country side Russia has to offer. Although most of it scares me. I prefer to appreciate it through pictures instead of in person.

iammommahearmeroar said...

Weird. I bet you won't miss the wet tight bus rides!

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the pictures. When I see such living conditions I thank Heavenly Father for the great land of America and where I am so blessed to live. We look forward to your return home.