Sunday, March 1, 2009

More Apartment Tour - We Love It Here!!

This bathroom rocks!! We have been told it is the best in the whole mission of Vlad. As I said, it has a wand holder and with the two shower curtains it really works well. The 22o volt water heater in the shower with you and no electric breaker makes me a little nervous. Alice was gracious enough to let me try it the first time. Wow did I get clean....and now my hair sticks straight out too!!! I am saving big time on hair gel. Seriously it is a great bathroom. We went to the store and upgraded our toilet paper to vanilla scented Kleenex brand. The stuff that was here was 220 grit sand paper and I didn't want any complications.....enough said.

This is our super little kitchen. It has everything you need. An extra cabinet (first thing in the video). We can cut bread etc. on this surface. Don't worry Alice has disinfected and Windex'd the whole apartment....yeah I am still eating and drinking may daily recommended dosage of Windex only the Russian brand. She is still putting cheese on everything too!!! Well back to the kitchen. A nice oven that really works quite well and a 4 burner electric range. Hooked up to 220 volts this baby takes off with a gallup and doesn't let up til Alice says Whoooa. Back home if you have electric your hooked up to 220 volts too. It's just that this little baby is serious about it's task. When I showed you the dirty dishes in the sink that little 3 tower thing just to the right is the water purification system that the church puts into every apartment. It has 3 filter towers for coarse, fine, super fine filtration. It works great but the water comes out at a snails pace. We load up a 5 liter container and use that for drinking. Everything you use has to be rinsed with purified water. Like the dishes, we do them in regular water and rinse them with purified water. Like brushing your teeth (sorry for the dental moment). Wet the brush, brush your teeth and rinse with purified water. Also all of our food has to be "bleached" then rinsed with purified water.

4 comments:

Cassie said...

I was thinking yeah that looks a little sketchy but Chris is behind me going "That's a super nice apartment" So I guess way to go on the super nice apartment! We loved the tour!

Taylor Swim said...

You bleach your what?!?! It sounds a little sketchy but very homey. I appreciate the videos a lot better than the pictures so we can get a real feel for the rooms. Next you need to do a total walk through so we can picture it all. Oh, and do you have a plunger for that toilet? It doesn't look up to your pace.... I'm sure you have stories already. Now Jodi's Germany story doesn't seem quite so crazy does it?

Kassy said...

Great tour. Ted says he'll send you some 120-grit...

iammommahearmeroar said...

Yeah, I think Leca's right about the need for a plunger. Yikes. Great video. Rex liked watching it even though we don't see you on it. He knows your voice and chants, "Bahm-pa!" We love you guys!