Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lock down

Here is Sister Magill at our front door. Our Passport are at the U.S. Consulate for offical business. So we are in lock down at our apartment until we receive them back.
You may notice there is a second door to our apartment. We did! Sister Magill wanted me to show off my new hat. This is so I looked more distinguished then when I wear my beanie!!!
Just in case you didn't notice the tiny locking system on our outer door. Yeah a dead bolt and a million other dead bolts. Plus the door is solid steel. Pretty sure nobody is getting in without making some noise. Then they have to get through the other steel door with an equal amount of dead bolts. Are we locking them out......or are we locking ourselves in? Plus we are on the 4th floor with no elevator, no TV, no stereo, no money, zippo. If they did break in I would give them everything just for their sheer determination and perseverance.
Oh Yeah, did I mention I got a new hat?













7 comments:

iammommahearmeroar said...

I love your new hat, Dad! All those deadbolts would definitely make me feel safe. Wow! Dad, you better stay on Mom's good side because if she ever locked you out there wouldn't be any breaking back in.

Cassie said...

Dad you look SO handsome in your new hat! I love it! It was SO good to talk to you today. We miss and love you tons!

Taylor Swim said...

You need some flaps on that thing to keep your ears warm. But yes, much more distinguished than a beenie. I'm not so sure about the door... you should be safe but gee wiz do you really need that many locks? It looks more like a panic room to me.

Taylor Swim said...

Oh, I bet Dad is dying to redo the patch job they've got around your door. I bet those guys only stopped on coat 5. Dad would have done at least 17. Got any sand paper?

Maggie said...

Well this is great !
Getting to follow along on your amazing adventure in Russia !
Thanks for sharing.
Erin's mom, Maggie

Erin said...

I love the hat! and I feel safe that you guys are sfae, cause it looks like you're living in a safe. phew. As Chris and Cam would say, "Lock down!"

I can't wait to see what adventures Russia brings you. You two will be awesome missionaries! My in-laws are India right now on their mission. It took them a couple weeks to adjust, but they love it there now, food and all. My Father-in-law already wants to extend their mission and they still have 10 months left (he is still trying to convince my Mother-in-law of this though)...Anyway, I know you will guys will be great!

Jodi said...

Sweet hat, Dad! You look great! Your door locks look pretty intense. I hope you never lose that key. =)