Sunday, August 9, 2009

More from Korea

This is a picture of a Korean Warrior at one of the five palaces in Seoul Korea. Don't let that cuddley appearance fool you this guy is trained, every limb is a weapon!!! Okay, Kung-fu was Chinese not Korean.
This is the entrance to the Palace. It was a really interesting place to visit and so many nice people. If you stop and start looking around like you are lost (we weren't play acting it was for real). But anyway someone will stop and ask if they can help you find your way or find what you are looking for. What a wonderful, safe, and lovely place to be.

No post would be complete without a trip to the bathroom. This handy little deal is the Korean answer to the hand dryer. You stick your hands down in between these two panels and a forceful blast of air starts up. As you withdraw your hands the air blows the water off your hands and you emerge dry. Nothing hitting your pants or the wall. It was pretty cool, as you can tell I am a big fan. I wish they would have had these little babies in the dental office.


And this little gem is what I call the SUPER TOILET. This isn't your mama's commode. It has heat, vibrate, and self cleaning. Just look at all those buttons. To enter the bathroom area you just touch a button and the door slides open like the Enterprise on Star Trek. All the faucets are touch free.....okay you get the idea. The floors are so clean and no bad smell. And this is a public bathroom.



And yet another building from many years ago right in the middle of modern. Seoul Korea is light years ahead of us in so many ways. Subways that are spaceage, cell phones that are beyond anything we have in the US. Did I mention the super nice people. About 13 million people in Seoul alone. That is the number of people that are members of our church world-wide.




2 comments:

iammommahearmeroar said...

I bet that toilet alone made it worth the trip. I bet Mom was LOVING it! Those buildings are so cool. What a fun experience. Can't wait to hear more about it.

Unknown said...

I love all the pictures. You are really seeing the world, aren't you? The flying Elders are really fun. Stay healthy and happy.