Okay, I love this guy!!! Slava had his birthday today he turned 54. He has a great sense of humor. He always has you put on a toilet seat cover as a bib for dinner. He is a hoot. He didn't do it for the video but he takes the little flappy down part and uses it to wipe his mouth. Like I said, I love this guy!! His wife's name is Onya you may remember her from the Marianna post where Marianna introduces her mother, Onya and her nephew Kiril. Slava says he will be baptized when the branch gets a font. He feels the place where they baptize in the winter is not a sacred place and the ocean is too cold. He is a wonderful father and husband. They have been married 20 years which is kinda rare around here. Great family!!!! As he presented the meal of chicken wings he says in perfect English "Russian Turkey". Sister Onya also prepared carrot, onions, cheese, garlic, and mayonnaise salad. It was really good. We had sausage, cucumber sandwich and a lot of other great dishes. They are so gracious and kept saying eat more, eat more. They gave us all they had and that is the extremely humbling part. As I will say probably every day....we just love these people!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
That's awesome! Tell Dad he needs to ask Slava some jokes in Russian so Dad doesn't have to keep trying to translate his jokes...maybe then people will get them and give him a laugh! Those toilet seat covers are so becoming on you Mom!!! :)
It sounds like Breck already has a Russian accent!!
It looks like you guys are having a great time! Stay warm out there!
Wait till you come home and wear the seat covers too!!!
Tim wants to know if the seat covers are used or not? You guys seem like you are partying pretty hard over there. I'm loving the daily updates. Keep 'um coming!
What an amazing family. I'm glad you have found yourselves surrounding by such incredible people. As for the toilet seat covers - that's ingenious! I like that guy :)
Post a Comment