Friday, May 22, 2009

Farewell to Ussurisk

This was the cleanup crew that stayed after the farewell celebration. The Elders surprised us with a party before we leave for Vladivostok in the morning. We weren't sure if they were happy to see us go or what. We have loved the people of Ussurisk since we moved here almost 4 months ago.
This is Natasha the Relief Society President. She hasn't been a member for even two years yet. But she is a powerhouse....always wanting to learn....always coming with her notes and questions from her own personal study. She is an example to everyone and as you can tell she is a hit with us.

Her is our long lost Russia daughter, Nina. Nina took us around when we first arrived here. She speaks English very well and has worked in the US twice now. Yes, Alice and Nina hit it off right away and apparently it is a girl thing....I am always in the background!!!


Did I mention girl thing?? My only hope is little Kiril....he thinks I am cool and I think he is too!!!


We played musical chairs at the party and Marianna and Natasha were the last two left standing...or sitting.




2 comments:

iammommahearmeroar said...

Awww...It makes me sad that you have to leave all those great people. I am excited to hear about the adventures to come, though. I love you guys!

Taylor Swim said...

That's so nice that they threw you a party. I bet they'll miss you so much. You'll have a lot of pen pals...