
We had a wonderful mission conference this weekend. It is the equivalent to a stake conference back home. We had a great time with our "men". We traveled to Vlad on Friday and came home on Sunday afternoon. I think the missionaries didn't sleep a lot because there were some nodding heads in a conference session or two. I was not exempt either!! They room with other missionaries that are in the Valdivostok area and this lends to a super time for them. But again not much sleep. This photo is taken as we leave on our first bus out of Vlad (it takes two buses to get home from there).

This is bus number two. Yeah....sleep tight Elder Roberts!!! I couldn't get a picture of Elder Busico because people don't really like to have their pictures taken by a stranger on the bus and he was seated by a bunch of people I didn't know. Elder Pochekutov survived the trip without a photo because of where he was too.

Sorry for the blurry picture but you wouldn't believe the roads if I tried to tell you. This is Elder Stegelmeier catching a little shut eye.. I learned a new phrase from Elder Stegelmeier today and I haven't stopped laughing since. We were talking about life being fair or not and he said, "my dad always says, if life were fair the horse would get to ride half the time!!" I just love these men...they don't know it but they are giants to me. So much good, honesty, and loving all individually wrapped up into an Elder.

Oh and who is this? My little missionary companion!!! Hey Aleca too bad I didn't have a little lipstick to perform an Aleca makeover while she slept. Next week Allie and I move to Vladivostok for the remainder of our mission. Wow, has time gone by quickly!!
3 comments:
When we were in Russia, when someone fell asleep with their mouth open, everyone else would pop a few peanuts in their mouth. I was so tired I started chewing and swallowing. It took a few rounds of peanuts before I finally woke up. Everyone thought that was a real hoot.
I can verify Leca's story. She CAN indeed eat peanuts in her sleep. You should test the elders' skills. Dad, who takes YOUR picture when you fall asleep and start drooling. I'd like to make sure you get a little more camera time yourself.
I love you guys!
I love checking up on you two! It looks like you are enjoying your mission.
Post a Comment