
This one is for brother Taylor. Check out the spelling on the sign. If you double click on the picture it will be big enough to read. 3 people fit comfortably into this elevator. Yeah, you guessed it....many more can cram in until the alarm goes off that says it is to heavy for it to work.
I thought you would get a kick out of the "English" on the sign. Note not the 3rd floor but the 3 ed floor. It makes sense if you speak with a Russian accent. This is from the hotel we stayed at and the people that worked there were so nice to us.
This is the "disinfected" label on the toilet in our room. Note the small little Russian word that means "disinfected". By the time you read, look up in your dictionary, and decipher the word you really don't care because by now you really have to go!!!

This is the best picture I could take of the public "floor" toilet at the church rented building in Artyom. What you don't get is the smell. Yeah, sorry for the graphic nature of this post. But if you knew Alice you could just imagine what she is saying as she utilizes the facilities. It goes something like, "Oh my, Oh my, Oh my" (no swearing just a repetitive string of Oh my). Artyom is a wonderful little branch. Wonderful, loving people and some great missionaries to work with.

6 comments:
That line is crazy!!! It's worse than trying to get on a new ride at great america although it sounds like the rides on the buses might be just as intense! It's great to hear from you guys again!!!
Why doesn't the last toilet in the picture have a "disinfected" sticker on it? I can totally hear mom saying, "Oh my goodness! Holy Toledo!"
I can't believe that toilet. So who is holding mom's skirt while she is freaking out? I can only imagine the stories you will tell when you get home. Jodi's Germany story isn't looking so bad now huh?
What funny memories the toilet brings back to me. In Japan they were just a round pipe straight down. the smeeelll was sweeet toooo.
I love your upbeat attitude you are making many memories. Russia will always be special to you. But you can appreciate what we have so much more. Keep up the work. You will be able to fill the leaving missionaries shoes.
Have you ever used Google translater. It looks like that is where they got the english from.
Just think the computers in the office are most likely in Russia and you get to use them. Good luck
Personal space doesn't really exist huh. Takes a bit getting used to. Sounds like you are having a great adventure together. Love hearing all about it!
One trick we learned was to only breathe through your mouth. On the rare occasions I forgot in China I quickly remembered why. Also found rubbing a little aroma oil under the nostrils worked well. Sounds funny but soon you won't even smell the city.
Post a Comment