Tuesday, June 9, 2009

We have arrived in Vladivostok

A beautiful cake for the Strawderman's last day at the office. They will be missed by all!!


The office staff, from left to right Vera, Tatiana, Tatiana. The Tatiana on the far right is a surgeon however, she earns more as an assistant to Vera then she did as a surgeon. Yes, I know that doesn't seem possible.


Here are the Strawderman's getting ready to head home. They did everything. The were Humanitarian missionaries that helped as fill-in Church Education missionaries, regular proselyting missionaries, and as the office couple that took all of the elders on their trips to Korea, Prague, Estonia, etc. for their VISA renewals. In addition, they served as the office couple. As I said, they did it all and they did it so well. We have big shoes to fill!



A pretty little garden spot just outside our apartment door in Vladivostok




The view outside our office window. This is a pretty good sized bus stop. What you can't hear is all of the horns honking. The fact that it is close to our building is great for getting around. Especially if we have bad weather.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you are settled, again. It looks a little warmer than your last pictures, what with flowers and everything. Good luck with all your new assignments. You both are looking very well.

Unknown said...

Glad to see you are settled, again. It looks a little warmer than your last pictures, what with flowers and everything. Good luck with all your new assignments. You both are looking very well.

Taylor Swim said...

I bet there is more than horn honking. How long does it take to get going once you get on the bus? That looks like a traffic jam waiting to happen.

Anonymous said...

I am still stuck back on the photo of the toliet in the floor - yikes! I would definately hold it till I got home I think, unless that one is just as scary! What an adventure you are on! I think you can fill those big shoes - you will both do great! Glad to hear you are still there and well.