
Allie and I walk to the Mission Office and we get to pass by these beautiful flowers. They are at the top of the hill we climb each day so they are our reward for our daily hike.

The colors didn't come out as striking as they are in person but they are a source of happiness for us each morning.

Still more flowers by a very tall apartment building we pass by. We call it the "wind tunnel" because the wind is always pretty gusty right in this one spot. We can't wait until winter. In my mind I can see the icicles forming already.

This may seem silly to you but to us they are beautiful because there isn't a lot of color here. Everything is pretty much grey concrete, peeling paint, and rust. Oh yea, and dirt and sand.

This is one of those things that makes you go Huh!!!! This is or was the best sidewalk we have ever walked on in Russia. The other day workers came by and tore out the granite gutters and left it like this. We hope it improves before winter hits. You can't really tell but this is a downhill grade and it is just around the corner as we go to the office from one of those flower beds. We will keep you posted regarding the progress or lack there of.
3 comments:
Beautiful flowers. I was hoping the flowers I planted would look like those, but they weren't quite so picturesque. Our sprinklers died in one spot and so did the flowers. Whoops!
Is Dad hyperventalating when you walk by to get his hands on fixing the road? You can sedate him if he gets the cold shakes!
I also love the flowers. Flowers make everything better no matter what.
I love the flowers! So pretty! What is with the sidewalk?! Total weirdness!
Post a Comment